Press Release: For Governments’ session chaired and speech delivered on 26 April 2009 at MECOM Abu Dhabi from 4-430pm
(This was the second day of MECOM 09, Government Day Conference detail at http://www.mecomexpo.com/Government-Public-Sector.html focussing on telco Government leaders and vendors from Etisalat, du, the Gartner Group, Avaya, IBM, University of Ioannina
Greece, Vfirst, Abjad, Microsoft and Strategy2Action/Psiloc, location information at http://www.adnec.ae/visitor/travel/)
Abu Dhabi, UAE: Mobile phones to take a multifunctional role in driving increasing safety and entertainment.
Something new and exciting is about to happen at MECOM 2009 (Abu Dhabi) on 26 May 2009 in a presentation by the Regional Director MENA of Psiloc and Chief Thinking Officer of Strategy2Action, Imran Owais Kazmi – a NEW perspective on mobile phones successful marriage with car, driver, police and operators is about to be unveiled.
Imran, a seasoned consulting, telecom operator, handset and software professional with a global history of innovation says “we normally think of mobile phones only for calling, texting, games or browsing only, however, when driving, using mobiles, as research has indicated can be WORSE than drunk driving leading to disability, accident or loss of life.”
The theme of this presentation is to “GET FAR MORE OUT OF A GPS MOBILE PERSONALLY AND FROM A GOVERNMENT ANGLE THEN EVER DREAMT POSSIBLE” this is done through using a dedicated GPS car mobile connected with a mobile network using an advanced software for multiple uses including music, entertainment, calling, toll deductions, over speeding and traffic fines, parking fines, accident and emergency management.
The key benefits to users will be:
- use a dedicated car GPS mobile as a car entertainment system providing radio, music connected to car audio system via FM or auxiliary input muting whenever a call is initiated or received
- GPS location services to get to your destination with ease
From traffic management perspective the benefits are numerous:
- users will be informed in advance of virtual GPS based toll gates (no expensive and cumbersome hardware investment at roads or vehicles, or recharge mechanism required by Government to install or erect such gates)
- users will be able to pay as soon as they cross automatically by their mobile balance hence no need to waste time and buy “recharge” cards for toll gates, this can lead to much lower charge rates for consumers, possibility to “MICRO” focus on traffic congestion points
- users can be charged for traffic fine either by their mobile account or linked credit card account
- Accident and emergency health management will be at the touch of button or voice command
- Communication can be done via PUSHTOTALK technology using car charger so it is CONSTANT COMMUNICATION POSSIBILITY BETWEEN DRIVER AND POLICE
- No need for parking machines, using GPS the charged zones will automatically be billed to the users for as long as they are parked and it can be pro rata as well, that is if you charge for 10 minutes you are paying ONLY for 10 minutes, not an hour! Imagine the easy and convenience!
From Government perspective the benefits will be:
- No investment in speed radars required
- No investment in toll gates
- No investment in parking ticket machines
- Cost benefits from fines, parking tickets and all other cost savings
- The payback of this system is expected in less than 6 months, thereafter its only profits for the government and operators, and entertainment, convenience and safety for consumers
- Airport Traffic Control like traffic management, for example a fast car is approaching you from behind, an automated Push to Talk message can alert you depending on other cars in your location to change lane and even in how many meters or seconds avoiding accidents as much as possible
- Advanced software, allowing numeric and voice input to aid convenience and safety while driving, police hotline connection at the touch of a button or voice command, menu options for GPS, entertainment, traffic updates and live update option for the software
The next step is a meeting of the stakeholders i.e. Government leaders, operators, handset manufacturers and software vendors to chalk out the operational details.
Planet Earth, June 26, 2009: Homo Sapiens just lost one of their most loved soul-mate to their counterparts in Angeldom up there in HEAVENEVER NEVER LAND.
“Mikey” Michael Jackson has left many speechless … thoughtless perhaps, there’s no escaping the jaws of the angel of death, the Thriller has gone, we just can’t Beat It, no matter what Billie Jean says we just can’t live it Off the Wall.
Wanna be startin something? All I need is One more chance, we need to Heal the world and it’s not always Black or white.
Paul can say anything, but the Girl is mine, I’m her forever lover you know, Say say say, what you want but don’t play games with my affection, you you you, stay away … words fail.
Eddie opens Doors but the world has closed its doors, so beat it.
No one wants to be defeated.
But the KoP has gone, Mikey is no more.
None of us want to believe, none of us can believe, amidst our tears, tangled in his music, his sweet voice, his faith in tomorrow, but tomorrow shall not see him, for he will see us from HeaveNever Never Land. Weeping, moving, thinking, drifting, grieving…
I’m a GPHR (Global Professional of Human Resources from HRCI, US), management consultant, motivational speaker, movie producer and tech entrepreneur, I’ve outlined some prospective common grounds for further interaction.
Look forward to learning a bit about your current challenges or plans; and how, based on the following, there might be an area of interest.
I’m a peace activist, writer and speaker on anti-terrorism, good governance, technological innovation for cost reduction / speedy delivery in governance, telecom operators, handsets, apps, HR/education, and politics for the last 10 years, writing a book on the same. I’m in the US for a brief while speaking to the Rotary Clubs on Peace and anti-Terrorism – click here to see a brief Prezi teaser— on another note, I am available to speak to large or small groups on any motivational topic, or consult any enterprise / business on the balanced scorecard (I’m GPHR certified, click here to see my detailed profile) also open to discussions relating to agency representation of products and services for the Mideast and Pakistan market. I have several technology related ideas too, portals for used mobile phones, cars, video CVs and global conferences for investors, get in touch if interested, see overview here. I’m also a music and art lover at a personal level.
I’d also like to know where your life journey is taking you and whether you see any chances of collaboration given the above.
Look forward to hear / meet if in the US or virtually should you wish to interact more intimately, do connect on Facebook where I write regularly on different topics of global and corporate interest.
Cell US +1 929 302 6969 AE +971 55 8094119
My dream is:
MAKE THE WORLD HAPPIER BY:
1 GREENIFICATION OF DESERTS see growuae.wordpress.com
2 FOCUS ON WATER TRANSPORT WHERE POSSIBLE
3 CONTROLLING “RELIGIONS” with a KODE OF KONDUCT (at http://www.blahblah.info)
4 UBERSHARE to reduce private vehicle consumption by a MINIMUM 20% WORLD OVER
I’d only read about you, but truly this is a GREAT INITIATIVE only a GLOBAL LEADER (then some dealmaker No 45 can make) I hate the HEATING PLANET, for the last TEN years I have researched on it esp the ARABIAN GULF / GCC countries where fossil fuel abuse is HEATING the planet BESIDES irresponsible industries elsewhere, I made a COMPLETE PROJECT PROPOSAL to turn the DESERTS OF THE WORLD GREEN using ARTIFICIAL RIVERS some of which is at https://growuae.wordpress.com/ the rest is proprietary and can be shared if desired, I also am in favor of WATERWAYS in city with paddle boats then CARS or subways to reduce emissions and a GREENER planet.
Many initiatives for a greener planet:
1 Making DESERTS of the world GREEN using ARTIFICIAL rivers and also REDUCING mercury by resultant cloud formation & rainfall some details at growuae.wordpress.com rest is proprietary can be shared on a 1on1 basis, been researching this for 6 years
2 Autonomous cars and police management that reduces accidents; paper presented at international conference https://imranokazmi.wordpress.com/mecompress-release/
3 Reducing terrorism (YES ALL THE WEAPONS USED, the bombs and guns and fighter jet fuel, INCREASES GLOBAL WARMING!) many plans simplest at https://imranokazmi.wordpress.com/objectives/ and WORLD PEACE & PROSPERITY BRIEF PRESENTATION AT https://prezi.com/gilbuy5swiak/world-peace-and-prosperity/
4 WATER TRANSPORT IN CITIES, a small project that aims at doing away with cars and metros in cities ultimately by using paddle boats and solar vessels in INTERCITY and INTRA CITY transport rechannelising water WHERE POSSIBLE
5 I have INVENTED a RELIGION 🙂 (that’s a joke) but SERIOUSLY it’s called KODE OF KONDUCT and the idea is to STOP JUDGING AND HATING and having a GLOBAL POLICE FORCE with developed countries participation ensure all is well see http://www.blahblah.info
6 UBERSHARING of cars ESPECIALLY offices and schools so ONE car does NOT carry TWO passengers ONLY (one mother and her child!) I’ve written papers on this too, can be shared if needed, WILL REDUCE GASOLINE CONSUMPTION BY ATLEST 20% IN PRIVATE VEHICLES WORLD OVER